Dual Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan Darbyshire

Reaction score
Hey guys i saw a guy with a dual exhaust under the projects section that is a flowmaster with a berreta muffler. Can anyone tell me where to buy this, or where to buy any good dual exhaust. Thanks

No duel exhaust "kit" is made... JC Whitney has something but I don't know much about it..

also you can install a true "dual" exhaust on the ST. Only a single in with 2 tailpipes..

All the single in and dual tail pipe setups are custom installed by muffler shops...

Most used Flowmaster mufflers with a single in and dual out..

Todd Z

Some members paied $200 - $500.00 for the kit with the muffler and stainless steel tips..

Search this site "dual exhaust" or "dual Pics" something like that, take the pics with you to a good muffler shop that does custom exhaust and ask them to get you a price..

I have some pics of my setup in my library if you like..

Todd Z

Yeah ive seen your trac its sick man, well would duals give any more power than a single or is it just looks. Im just looking for the biggest power upgrade right now.

Just looks you will probably gain nothing with duals besides looks. I've heard you lose back-pressure with duals/bigger pipes and lose power but I'm sure someone will chime in with something. First before the exhaust I would upgrade to a Intake System (some pretty cheap, some not but you get the same gain with a $20 intake on ebay.com than with a K&N its all about looks tho) than maybe exhaust upgrades (Y-pipe, free flow cats, removing pre-cats )and than onto a SCT Programmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live near a Autozone I know they sell 3" MAF Adapters and Air Filters. Probably cost about $30-$40 and takes about 10mins to install (maybe less) Other than that search ebay.com for "sport trac intake"

You can feel better throttle reponse and maybe off the line but you won't see a big difference untill all the mods (intake, exhaust and programmer) are all tied together. Take a look in the project section there is a lot of cheap and very easy mods that can be done for fun and looks.

I may have a MAF an adapter and filter here, brand new, I can look if you like..

ALSO just removing the ST's stock muffler will give you close to the max gain your going to get with exhaust...

YOU also can go TOO big with exhaust and loose power..

Todd Z

Yeah, AFAIK Heartthrob makes the only split dual-out kit for Sport Tracs. You could get a single-in dual-out with a Flowmaster bent up by a muffler shop. Also Gibson makes a single-out and a dual-out system that exits both on the passenger side, but even their own literature tells you that the single-out system makes more power. In my case I have a trailer hitch so it looks pretty tight to have split duals out the back, plus that pesky driveshaft is in the way.