Dual Exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clo 650

Reaction score
Wanting to see some dual exhaust pics with a trailer hitch. I just installed my Heart Throb Exhaust & well... it looks like shit... Had to modify the hangers, the left pipe is angled to the right a little bit & it looks like it hangs way to low. But I can't raise it up at all because of the hitch ^&%*&%#$^%#%^@% I give up spending money on this thing!

Chris, Your exhaust looks good! It exits outside of the leaf springs. The way this is bent, the exhaust exits inside the leaf springs, right under where the hitch bolts up.

I wanted to have a shop bend me some exhaust but they said it would be dangerous to have it run the way everyone does here. Yet nobody seems to have any problems around here... They would have done it but I would have to remove my spare...

On a side note Chris... I'm in Madison!

I first had it done in Monona at a shop on Monona Drive. They took my spare out. Than about 3 months later I had a shop in Monticello do it. Put the spare back on and modified the pipes. He welded a spacer piece on where it runs under the fuel lines to keep it cooler. Did an awesome job and that was 4 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mine run between the springs and the spare. Sufficient room. Had to have a hidden hitch to get 'em up high enough. Had it done that way on my '01 and my '05. Look in my library...twin tips.

clo,,sorry to hear you ran into problems at the hitch. Is it posible that one of the shops can mod the piping? Now that they see it can be done.

I is a magnaflow muffler. The pipes were custom made from stock with chrome tips all welded. I love the sound of the muffler. Especially with my cold air intake. Not loud and annoying but just a nice rich sound.