DVDSWAN 2002 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvdswan

Supporting Member
V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hello all. Currently sitting on the edge of my seat as on Sunday I am driving 3 hours to pick up my new to me Sport Trac. I grew up driving 70s/80s trucks and few years ago I picked up a 91 Ranger and have been using it as a DD and picked up a 2002 Explorer XLT 4WD for the wife. Absolutely love the truck, but decided to semi retire it to just making runs to the home store and dump.

IMG_2231.JPG

1701475170239.png

I've been looking for quite some time for another 1st Gen Ranger, BII, Explorer Sport, or Sport Trac 4WD. Came across a couple of prospects but they didn't fit the bill so to speak. My wife came across this Sport Trac 4WD earlier in the week and made a deal provided its mechanically sound (if that's possible for a 21 yo vehicle. Super stoked about it as I keep trying to modify it before it even gets home.

index.php

index.php

And though it's not the greatest picture they sent me of the door jamb sticker...

1701475693722.png

It looks like
Paint is FL or Toreador Red Metallic
Axle is D2 or 4.10 limited slip with tow package
Tires are 255/70R16s or 30"

I'm not sure of some of the other items as I cannot locate them.

I'm not new to tinkering on vehicles and wheeling them...

26180020109_large (1).jpg

OHBnnvmh.jpg

IMG_2005.JPG

Welcome to the Herd; almost anyway!
Lots of friendly knowledgable folk in these forums.
Be sure to post pics after you've got your "new" 2002 SportTrac in hand.
You'll want to become familiar with the quirks+weaknesses of this drivetrain & the available remedies.

So, I finally got the truck home. It took longer than I thought, but got a good deal on it and it's time to do some cleaning and maintenance.

Aside from the normal maintenance on the truck, I need to verify they fixed the oil leak because they didn't clean it up. Body mounts are going and few lights need replaced. She drives like a dream with only 122k on it. There were 2 others that had lower miles (20k and 35k) but not worth the 8k more they were asking.

Last edited:
Lookin good!
Be sure to post detail pics of your mods+fixes, always appreciated.

So, I finally got the truck home. It took longer than I thought, but got a good deal on it and it's time to do some cleaning and maintenance.

Aside from the normal maintenance on the truck, I need to verify they fixed the oil leak because they didn't clean it up. Body mounts are going and few lights need replaced. She drives like a dream with only 122k on it. There were 2 others that had lower miles (20k and 35k) but not worth the 8k more they were asking.

Nice truck! I have a 2002 Torredor Red Trac also. Quite a few mods, inside and out. 150k miles so far. Had to replace the four body mount bushings under the cab last year. This pic was taken on our move to Oregon in 2015. (Excuse the little crunchie on the fender 😆)

Attachments

• 20151005_190749.jpg
    20151005_190749.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Torredor Red, I was wondering if that was the color. Good to know. Did you have that hood scoop installed?

Torredor Red, I was wondering if that was the color. Good to know. Did you have that hood scoop installed?
I modified a Mustang hood scoop, and had it painted to match. It's attached with 3M double-sided tape.

Latest posts