Eastwood Plastic Resurfacer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexster314

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Anyone tried this? Today I used it on the running boards and black trim on bumper. They were all faded and spotted when we purchased this truck. Back to Black spray made the trim black for about 2-3 weeks, then faded out. Eastwood company has had some excellent products and I decided to try out their Plastic Restorer spray. Apparently it has some type of solvent along with the black dye that causes the plastic to "reflow and restore the factory look"
Today I got out and braved the 100 degree heat and masked off the tailgate and chrome strip on the running boards first. I applied two coats to each piece completely covering the surfaces. The spray can has a nice vertical fan pattern that was easy to control. First thing I noticed that the drying time is very fast. That helps when applying the second coat. After 30 minutes I removed the tape and masking paper, then touched up what little overspray there was.
Here's the results. I've very happy with the process and end result.

Last edited:

Latest posts