Easy 07 bed tie down addition

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bRAD Baltzer

Reaction score
Here is a real quick easy option for an additional tie down point in the bed of the 07....maybe other years as well. Location is very useful being mid height in the bed and at the rear. Uses the existing threaded attchment location for the bed extender. Tie down is a "Keeper" brand chrome eye bolt bought from Home Depot. It comes two per package and includes a 3/8" threaded stud and toggle nut. Toss the toggle nuts and cut the stud to length......the 3/8" threads fit the OEM threaded location. See pics, /Brad

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Kewl....:cool::cool:

IS there access under the truck or behind the taillight to add a washer to make it even stronger ????

Todd Z

the 3/8" stud threads into the existing bed mount hole ~ 3/4" deep so it's very stout. I can't imagine it pulling loose........but I haven't explored how the female threads are secured in the bed. /Brad

Brad,,,,,interesting:(,,,,,,,,,but what is that 'box' on the left side of your bed with red on/off switch on it?? Just curious,,,,,,,,,,Mark

Its a multiple LED (3 AAA battery) truck bed light. I have one on each side. They are angled so they shine toward the center of the bed. They just velcro on......

to answer your question Todd.......Yes, there is room to put a longer stud on the eye bolt and a fender washer and nut behind the tail light assembly. Makes it very strong. Just drill through the 3/8" mount hole with a small (1/4") bit and then make it larger (1/2") from the tail light side. I used a nylon lock nut and fender washer. No clearance issues with the tail light assembly. /Brad

Latest posts