Ebay no longer rocks for me...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The statement about using a Delivery Service to get the package to you was included (read "and") with paying someone to bid for you. My statement was made that besides paying someone to do your dirty work, you also have to pay someone to deliver the results to you. To add insult to injury.

I know that most auctions you HAVE to get it shipped, because as you mentioned, driving cross country isn't always feasible. The statement was propaganda to make a point. The point is still valid--if you have to pay someone to do your work for you, do you really want the result? Having a major attack at your opponent, followed by a supposedly pathos-driven second jab which (like a real jab) isn't that effective or even relevant, is a classic technique. Frederick Douglass littered his "biography" with propaganda garbage to make a point, and it worked. I don't condone such lameness, but the sentence needed more, and that's all I had to give. (and FD sucks horribly, I have compassion fatigue concerning him...but he did use many persuasive methods.)

Besides, most people would NOT be willing to go pick it up themselves, even if pickup was feasible, confirming that they truly do not want it.

BTW, the "flight attendant" title applies to the homeland security guys who chase you down and presumably beat you if you leave the flight that you paid for--they "attend" to the "flight" of a disgruntled passenger. I paid for the "service" of flying, and when I no longer want that service, because I am paying for it, it is my right to leave, without having to evade a throng of beatstick happy security.

Ding the bell ring and it is a draw :lol::lol::lol: next to tag it this has been a great thread i have been reading it

I got one question???

Why when the Canadian dollar was at par with the green back did the shipping all most double??? Was it because it opened up a bigger market???? I paid 25 bucks to get a 3 pound item up here seemed expensive but the product in was a good buy.. But is this how they make there top up money I have never sold on eBay before??? And I have only bought one item before…

also

I also noticed that I paid via pay pal and I don’t have a credit card but it took like 3 day till the money came out of my personal account and then My bank had to ship a draft or some thing to pay pal then pay pal posted it to my pay pal account then it was paid to the seller then he shipped it and know it will take 10 days to get here??? Dose that seem odd…

This all happen on nov 30 all I should see the item by dec 20 th

Keith

US Post Office is now going off of the size of the package unless you use their package. Rates have basically doubled. I suspect FedEx and UPS rates increased to Canada as well.

If you pay by check thru PayPal the seller waits for the check to clear before they ship it. If your transferring funds it takes 2 days now.