ebay window tint

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric huskey 2

Reaction score
I want to tint my 99' 4 door metro myself. Has anyone used the pre cut window films on ebay. I want it to hold up and not start peeling in a year. I've never tinted windows before. Any tips will help! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree abiout the pro doing it...... But i have the ebay junk on my 03 since 04....

Todd Z

As above, have it done pro,, have had it done twice because I keep getting tickets for only 32 tint, no more tint for me.

I've done my own tint for a decade. If you have a doubt in your mind about you doing it, don't. Go pro.

as dingo says, if you know what you are doing, is still not easy to do.

Is harder to remove as I have had to do twice.

I bought a full set for my dad's 99 monte carlo that was pre-cut and was supposed to be a perfect fit....well long story short...it was pre-cut but it didn't fit the window. I was very dissapointed and the tint got thrown away.

Back in '78 I did my dodge van. Cut my own peices and applied it. Wasnt hard. Time consuming as a learner. Simpler to pay nowdays and get a warranty. It must have been qaulity film. It lasted till I traded it in '88.

Dont waste your money with a pro. Got the pre-cut ebay stuff. I did mine and my wifes a few years ago and they look great!! Very easy to do. ANd I had never done it before. Its so much easier then half the stuff people do to their Tracs that I cant beleive more dont try it.

Give it a try and good luck. Mine was like $2 bucks. So, its well worth trying.

I agree with the others. Have a pro do it. If you buy a high quality tint film from a pro shop, they will often give a lifetime guarantee (as long as you own that vehicle) We have a local shop here called Sunscreen International that offers a lifetime guarantee on their top of the line tint film.

If you have ever tried to peel off old bubbled-up tint screen, or pay to have it done, you will appreciate the value of a lifetime warranty that cost you nothing if they have to redo your windows 5-10 years down the road. It's well worth the extra cost to have it done and guaranteed.

...Rich

Hey Bill, if you go get the glass smoked to match the rears than the cops can't fine you, tell them its from the factory that way. If they bother you about it, tell them to try and peel it off and when they see it's the glass they can't do anything about it.

:cool::cool::p

Go to your local "Good" Body shop and if they don't do it they should know where close to you to go. I think my buddy paid $300 but that was for all four doors and back window on his Dodge Ram, He had it down at 25% all the way around. He would have gone darker but he tows his car trailer and wanted to still be able to see at night.

Latest posts