Ebay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mel Pilgrim

Reaction score
Just had to put this down.

On March 3rd I won a auction for a 16gb Ipod touch. Add indicated shipping within 3 days of payment confirmed. so, I paid through pay pal next day and waited. Finally on the 13th of March I asked where the ipdo was. Reply was that if I did not receive it within 3 days, he would do full refund. O.K. that is nice so I asked when he posted it. No answer for 4 days.

Finally he replied on the 18th asking if I had received it. Again I indicated no and asked where is it. He replied again in 5 days and indicated that since I have not received it, a refund would be processed in 12 business days. So, that means refund should happen on the 7th of April. 7th came and went. I contacted again and this time he indicated that he has the police and Ebay looking into an order he made for wholesale ipods. The ones he received were copies not original so has reported to police. He confirms that I will get a refund but to be patient...... He sounds sincere but.... what gets me is that he has my money - he is not out, just me.....

I am wondering if I should be reporting to Ebay and putting in a claim on Pay pal. Pay pal would cover the cost too and then go after him for the funds.

First time this has happened to me. Guess you just can't trust anyone these days.

Ok got this out. Feel much better.

I reviewed all the Ebay and pay pal info on orders not received and now am just wondering what my next step are......

Anyone run into this before? Did you get bad reviews on your rating over this?

Mel

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Use drop shippers on ebay, if they do not have the item on hand and will actually package and ship the item themselves, stay away.

Where's the seller live? There are probably plenty of fellow Sport Trac members here that if he lives nearby, we might go pay him a visit and teach him what happens when you mess with a Sport Trac owner... :lol::banana:

I agree. I would call out the hounds on this guy.

Get your money back and go on with your life with a good lesson under your belt.

I don't recall seeing anything regarding an AK47 in this post. I mean, with exception to yours bill???

Paypal and eBay are one in the same. Good and bad in the same motion. So like the others said, get on your claim right away. You do have a legit claim and a legit concern...

:angry:I somehow knew what all would say. Think I was just being too nice.

I will give him one last chance to issue refund within 3 days of my email (through Ebay of course) and if nothing, which is what I expect, I will put in a claim.

This guy lives in Alberta Canada and I am from Manitoba Canada. Thought that maybe it would make it eaiser but I have had an easier time ordering from the US and dealing with Customs.

I really like the idea of paying him a visit. When I got his reply indicating that he posted for sale a used item in great condition he had no idea what condition it was. False advertising. Based on that along I should report him.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that if maybe he owned an ST, there would have not been an issue, but most likely he owns an ST wannabe.

thanks all for listing and words of advise.:cool:

will post final results in near future.

Mel:angry:

Latest posts