Eclipse AVN5495

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Anyone have it, and if do, does it have a 3D map view (as opposed to strictly overhead)?

And, is the bypass a simply grounding of the parking brake wire?

Thanks!

[Broken External Image]:

Adam,

Looks like the same software as my AVN 6600

The screen shot you posted looks to be as 3D as you get with it.

If they havent changed the inputs. Grounding the brake lead should do it. It works on the AVN6600

I looked on the web page for the installation manual. But it was not on the site.

Hope this helps. If you want pics of mine.. let me know..

Sal,

Could you shoot me a few photos of the map view sans the "turn right" image? I'm curious how it looks full screen.

I like the unit, though it's a somewhat older model. But, it's one of the few that allow an easy bypass, something Pioneer has stopped doing. Though I respect Pioneer's choice from a liability standpoint, it's frustrating that you'd have to stop to change destinations, certain music functions, etc.

Edit: Did you ever receive the highly late Ford CD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Sal.

If you get this in time, I'm interested in the GUI, not just the maps. Every audio site on the web shows the above map, but none show "the rest of the story."

Also, does this integrate with the stock audio system, or did you go aftermarket? Crutchfield has a harness that apparently allows you to tap into the stock sub, but as with anything, whether or not it will work with a specific unit is unknown.