Eclipse cd-3414 head unit

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Park

Reaction score
I bought an Eclipse head unit cd-3414 about a year ago, and when you disconnect your battery and reconnect it, the head unit will activate the security device. so you have to put in a disc that you put in first, the security cd. but the cd that i used to start the eclipse head unit, is broken. what do I do?

Is it any CD you chose when you first got it or did it come with a CD that you hadf to use?

Tom

Buy another CD.

If you used, lets say,The Eagles, Greatest Hits, buy it again and try it.

Tom

I agree. Similar to the factory Ford and G.M. Pass-Loc or Theft-Loc radios used

on the new vehicles. This is a security-designed feature , preventing

someone from stealing your factory head unit, and installing it in another car.

Once the power has been disconnected, as if the wires had been cut during a theft

of your radio, you must enter a security code, or, has apparently been modified

by Eclipse, some type of signal (in this case, a coded c.d.) to let your radio

know it has not been stolen. Caymen's idea sounds right, although I have

not heard of this system yet, the principal is still the same.

Daniel is correct, Eclipse has been doing this for years. I would call Eclipse and ask them if you can do what Caymen suggested because I am not sure if every same CD is coded the same or each and every one is different......

Hey, call eclipse..My friend has an new eclipse hu and the same thing happened..we called them, and they sent him a cd with an override code after he proved he was the correct owner. they do that so no1 can use it even if they steal ur hu

I never set the security cd function on mine for this exact reason...but yea call eclipse they have pretty good customer service.

Latest posts