EE Eaton Supercharger

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Well, ive decided to go with the supercharger for my ST in a month or so... But I remember seeing messages saying that it required constant tuning, etc... Anyone have first hand experience with the supercharger sold @ EE, and maybe let me know how the long run has gone with this mod?

Also, with Dual Exhaust, Headers, Supercharger, Intake, Xcal2 Tuning, etc... am I going to be close to 300HP at the wheels?

Thanks!

I would hold off on the headers up front. There have been many discussions elsewhere regarding the pros/cons of the headers with an s/c. Considering the stock headers flow very well, I would leave the headers as a final upgrade in trying to reach 300. The one and only person who had an s/c installed and posted with info about it, dynoed at around 280 hp rwhp, as per his post. That's near where you want to be and better than what EE states you will get, last I heard.

If you really want to help yourself, trac and charger I would suggest modding the intake for the s/c just a bit and add some type of water injection to aid in cooling the charge and avoid detonation. I'm sure the kit will work without it but there still seem to be alot of if's regarding the EE kit and the trac's 4.0 despite it running on rangers 4.0's with few complaints.

There was a member that Registered for the Louisville meet and had a S/C Trac, he said his local guy tuned it in a couple of hours and it was running flawlessly... BUT he never showed up to the meet...

The charger is great, But the tuning that comes with it is too proprietary. You will need to find a good tuning shop to get it 100%....

AND DO NOT put a smaller pulley on for more boost, That will cause nothing but problems..

I am sure you coud pay for a visit from Wayne to come and tune your ST... That would be my plan if I s/c my St, But i am TOO close to buying an 07 !!!!

Good luck if you do it !!!!

Todd Z

Hello folks I think I am the one Todd was referring to. Yes I do own a ST with the EE supercharger. Yes the base tune that went with the supercharger was buggy which constanly plagued me with stalling problems. Eventually had to go to a local tuner MacDonald Motorsports in Stuart, FL and got this baby tuned after a couple of dynoruns (8 all in all). Thankfully no problems up to now. Wished I was able to come to Louisville and show this baby but had to pull out in the last minute due to medical issues that needed to take care of first. If anyone here needs the dynorun .pdf file just shoot me an e-mail and I'll be more than glad to send it. Oh by the way, Spaceman is right to hold off on the headers but if anyone here is serious in putting the EE supercharger, put a good exhaust system like the magnaflo that is offereed by EE, it will certainly improve the performance of your ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of tune files worked up for the EE kit. I would be more than happy to tune it for you sir :)

But, that is a heckuva drive from Canada :blink:

Latest posts