electrical system going?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Well about a month ago, i go to turn my trac on, and i start driving, and i happen to look up at the themometer to se what the temp is, and its not on...i push the mode button and stuff, and nothin happens, i dont know what to do, but then i turn the truck off and turn it back on, and it works fine...on the way home from work today it did this again for the first time since that other time. again nothing worked till i restarted the truck. i know alot of my electrical system is bad for some reason, i lost half of my dash lights at 25,000, and ford refused to fix them under warranty and that is when my dad almost went over the parts counter lol, and im not even worried about them, ive gotten used to it, but what does this sound like now? also, once in awhile, the rest of the dash lights will go out momentarily then if u touch the cover over the gauges they go back on...

thanks

andy

I bet you have a loose connection behind the dash or something in the ignition circuit..

You can easily remove the gage cluster and check all the wire connectors, clean them and re install the gage's, That should solve the issue...

Todd Z