Emissions Control Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C B

Reaction score
I've had a 2007 Sport Trac for a year now and have approximately 18K on it. Yesterday the emissions control light came on (the one that looks like an amber colored engine). I read the user's manual and there's almost 3 pages on what MIGHT be causing this. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and how did you solve it?

Go to autozone or a place like that, they will scan the computer and give you the specific code....

More then likely it is the gas cap is not on tight...

Todd Z

OK just a follow up on the mysterious emissions control light. I took my Trac back to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong and reset the light with a little speculation about the gas cap. I guess this shouldn't be a surprise. The owner's manual has 3 pages of speculation of why this light MIGHT come on.

Previously I owned a Jeep Liberty. The same light would come on at the same time I'd lose my speedometer. I had the Jeep in 4 times to fix "speed sensors" and to reset the emissions control lights. Other than that the Liberty performed great.

I'm hoping I don't see a lot of this light on my Trac. Does anyone know how to manually reset the light?

OK the emissions control light is mysteriously back on for no apparent reason. Does anyone know how to reset this?

If it came back on by itself, I would think that there is a problem somewhere.

Take it back and don't leave until they find it. Last thing you need to do is lunch a catalytic converter of crack a manifold because YOU turned a light off when still under warranty.

rhombus,

Do not take this the wrong way but, take it to the dealer. Something needs fixed. This is not something you should be messing with since it is obvious you know little about vehicles.

Tom

OK folks just the follow up. I took it to the dealer and left it with them for the day. They said they dropped the gas tank and checked through the whole system. They had Ford on the phone and still couldn't find a thing. What they ended up doing is changing out the charcoal canister thinking maybe there was something there. Then they kept the paperwork "to keep the problem open" and they planned to check back with me at a later date to see if the problem was solved (hmmm). It's been about a week and a half and so far no light.

the charcoal canister was a recall issue from earlier models. The canister could have been similarly comprimised...leak, letting in dirt.?

Latest posts