engine block heater

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Almost a year ago, I inquired about an engine block heater for my 2002 ST. Todd Z informed me I could get the part from FP Network. I got the part # F67Z-6D008-CA, and the price was $33.99. I was going to order it now and called my local Ford dealer to see if they could get it for me locally. Now the Ford parts person is telling me that the part is "NR" which means , no longer replaceable, and that it is no longer available.

I find it hard to believe that FORD would do away with a item that is exremely beneficial in the colder climates. If anybody can steer me in the right direction as far as obtaining the heater, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Oleh

As I recall, a number of Ford engines use the same block heater. My suggestion would be to have the dealer look up another one (just tell 'em "block heater for a Sport Trac"), or #2 maybe someone on here from Canada could hook you up. I never bothered with them here in PA until we got my wife's '03 Taurus, used and originally sold in Canada. I plug it in if it gets below 20* and then it warms up a lot quicker (and so do we).

You can also get many styles of aftermarket heaters. I believe most of them install thru the oil fill tube. Did this search on Ebay and found several including some Ford models.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard that those that go in your dipstick are not a good idea. The better ones go into a freeze plug and heat the water, not the oil.

Tom

Agree with Tom on the ones in the dipstick.... they heat and cook your oil. There were some out there that go in the lower radiator hose or heater hose that heat the water, a much better option in m eyes....

Hmm, this exact same topic is being discussed on the F150online site for the new style F150, same problem, the heaters are coming up as NR. I don't know what is going on because they are still putting them in all the Canadian vehicles.

Yeah, too bad the F150 Screw doesn't fit in a garage.