Engine Code P0443

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Sundown

Reaction score
Anyone have a fix for code P0443 Evaporative Emission system Purge Control Valve Circuit. I have a Ford Sport Trac 01 4x4 4.0l v6. Any help will be very appreciated. Only have 56,000 miles. Runs great but hate seeing that light stare at me. I feel like it will break down on me or something.

There is a purge valve located under the hood on the drivers side or mounted to the inner fender... I am not 100% sure,

It is about $50.00 from a local parts store...

If not that, then it sound like a wire is broken or a bad ground in the circuit that feeds it..

Todd Z

EDIT: I searched the 0443 and found this

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=974134&sitename=mysporttrac

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that sounds like the same code I got this weekend. Light came on and went to autozone and the code # ( and i have it writen down at home ). But I think it was that same code but not 100% sure. But it was the air box thing above the spare tire . I removed it to change my shocks and when I put it back on I had a hose pinched which threw the check engine light. :wacko:

Hey charles did you have the same code. Where exactly did you check to fix that problem??? Thanks.