Engine Needs Replaced!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got off the phone with Mazda customer service. MazdaUSA will not warrant a car outside the US or Canada. If I want warranty repairs, I have to bring the car back to the US. Let this be a warning to anyone who is in the military and ships a Mazda overseas.

I would be willing to bet any other manufacturer would say the same thing.

Tom

Tom,

I'm not sure. When I was in Turkey, back in 1995-1997, the Turkish Toyota dealerships repaired my car several times without ever charging me a dime. The policy could be different now, but I did appreciate the courtesy. Granted, it was nothing as major as this, but they never gave me a bill for anything they did, except for the routine oil changes/maintenance. All repairs were free.

If you read the warranty coverage, everyone I know of DOES tell you that they will not cover the vehicle in another country.

That said, there are work arounds and when the decision is finally made, they will contact the local dealer (what ever country you are in), give them all the details including the money that the maker will pay. The dealership then has the right to accept or refuse the work. It has to do with money exchange rate differences and what not. The USA based company and the foreign dealerships are not housed under the same corporation. They are ultimately owned or operated by the parent company, but many steps removed, thus no real connection from one to the other...

have read several posts on a mazda 6 website that indicates the pvc valve design is bad for some of the engines, will clog and in turn cause oil to dump out the tailpipe in sufficent quantities so that the engine will lock up/seize, etc in a short time, and should check the oil on a frequent basis. wife drives an 03 6 v6, and no problems yet, but one never knows. check out mazda6club.com

Similer to the Camry engine sludge issue with pcv valve. Was the engine turbo charged? From what I've read, the engines are mostly different from the 2.3 focus.

Last edited by a moderator: