Engine studder

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brozovich

Reaction score
:(Well today marked the 7th time into the shop but this time was for hesitation and stalling issues. After running the ST for awhile I would stop and say go into the grocery store for 15 min. come back out and go to take off and the truck would stutter like it was vapor locking or the choke was stuck open. So we went in early this morning and about 4 hours later I get the call that nothing was found. So now im really mad. I go down and the service writer lets me speak to the mechanic. Well... he did find something. He was on the phone with the techs at ford explaining the problem and the told him to pull the PCV valve and check for oil in th intake. Guess what he found? oil in the intake which was going down into the cylinders and choking it out. I guess this has been an issue with the PCV valve. So the part is on order and hopefully this solves the studder problem. This is on the 07 ST BTW.. We continued to talk about the transmision issue. He checked the latest flash and said that it did stick. But further talking to the mechanic he informed me that the way that the trans shifts is just the way it shifts. Get used to it. He said that untill the trans reaches 175 degrees it would do all sorts of strange things. Like ... Up shift and down shift abnormally, would be long in shifting, coverter lock I believe. So in closing if you have a hesitation or the engine wants to stall out have you PCV valve checked and or replaced. As for rhe transmission... I guess live with it.. To be continued..

Thanks all for this great site.

Jim

V8 or V6 ??

Todd Z

Latest posts