ENGINE SWAP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik singh

Reaction score
Hi guys.. I am getting a really good deal on a motor and tranny out of a 2007 regular explorer V8...I wanted to know if i wanted do this swap into a 2001 ST is it possible with out major madification..?Also is the 07 exploerer tranny diffrent from the 01..I think there not sure..i think the new ones have a 6 spd..and if that the case am gona have to a comple wireharness swap as well with computer..if any one has any information plz messsge..thanks for the information, and came to a conclution that it will cost way 2 much...

Can The Tranny still bolt up to the 4.oL motor still..?(tranny being from the 07 V8)..

I would just like to make sute because i got really good deal on this engine and tranny..only 2000 mile and paid 1,100 for both

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you cannot do this swap without major modification. The motor will not physically fit in the engine bay with the current front suspension set-up.

Anything is possible with enough money, but you could probably buy an 07 before you could feasibly do this swap. If you want a V8 look for a 96-01 Explorer with the 5.0L. It's actually possible and would be pretty straightforward and easy.

The transmission is completely different, the motor engine bay and sizing is different...

IT is a great idea, but you will wind up cutting the heck out of the old ST to get it to work...

Todd Z

Latest posts