EPC Adjustment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
I want to now try to do the service work to my truck this weekend, since the weather has somewhat broke, its cold, but not that cold ;)

Anyways... I have a question.

I had my tranny rebuilt, it had some problems when I first got it back, and now seems to be fine. My question is, how do I know the EPC adjustment was not done by the people that rebuilt my transmission? I read the tutorial, and it says 1/4 turn, and anything more can be too much, but what if they turned it up, and I turn it more?

Thanks!

I guess there's really no way of knowing for sure, but I did the same thing on my remanufactured tranny (installed under warranty at ~28K miles) and it has been fine ~10K miles later. I suppose you can tell by the slightly stronger shifts as opposed to the smooth and discrete shifts when stock.

It would be nice to know what the pressure specification is, and what the recommended increase is.

Just "eyeballing it" seems dangerous and hackish to me.

Gavin, how hard is it to just turn it 1/4 turn? Not that hard.

XST, I doubt they did an EPC adjustment on your tranny when the worked on it. It is set a certain way from the factory and they would just put a new switch in and not touch the adjustment.

I was skeptical of doing this also. I talked with Todd about it and he answered all the questions I had on it. You are only increasing the pressure alittle. It's not like you are doubling the fluid pressure by turning the adjuster 1/4 turn. You are just upping it enough to get rid of the lazy shifting that Ford seems to think is normal.;)