epc ajustment

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vik singh

Reaction score
hi i jus did a tanny flush and i did the epc ajustment tightening the screw 1/4 of a turn...instead of geting firmer shift i get slugish sshift..does any onr know why? or what i can do to fix this

I was thinking about doing the epc adjust ansd when i used the 13m racket t remove the bolt, once i removed the bolt transmission oil starting coming out of it, is thta suppose to happen?

Yup. The pan is designed to hold the fluid from falling out oif the tranny. You remove the pan, the fluid will come out.

Tom

Parm,

Sometimes when you do work under a car/truck you may think you went 1/4 tight, but actually loosened the screw....

The only way to fix is remove the pan and re tighten the screw.

If your 100% sure you did tighten the screw, Is the EPC clip back on tight????

Did you replace the filter and filter gasket correctly???

Todd Z

how smooth is it suppose to shift..becuase when it shifts i don't really notice it...i know the tranny is electronically contorelled so its suppose to be smooth...Buy when my SP shifts from 1st to second the rpms don't realy drop they just stay there untill and to the forth gear..dow any 1 else SP do this to....?or could it a bad rpm sensor? the rpms do not flare up, but jus take time to come down after it sifts

What is an SP????

you mean ST???

While driving slow the rpms do not change that much from gear to gear due to the converter not locking up.....

Does the tranny feel the same??. shifts are clean and firm??

Todd Z

yhea they r cleaner but it not a huge diffrence u can't really tell...i tunrnrd it a 1/4 do u guys think if i do it a little more it will do damage?