Evacuation Day II

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Tyo

Reaction score
Well it is now day 2 since we arrived from our Mississippi town to San Antonio and just wanted to say thank you to all that responded to my initial post. Thank you for your kind words and your thoughts and prayers. My family and I as well as our friends (we are all military with the exception of my wife) are doing fine here in Texas and are really looking forward to getting back to our town (Diamondhead, MS) and assessing our homes. My friends that I am here with actually got some news on their house, it was under 3 feet of water, but not sure how much of it actually made it to the inside. My wife and I are still awaiting any word on the condition of our house.

There was finally some video footage of Diamondhead and it looks like a war zone. The entire south side (south of I-10) is totally gone and the contents of those houses were washed into the Gulf of Mexico or onto I-10. Entire homes just gone, nothing left of them except the foundation. I am on the north side of I-10 so there is hope that I have home still standing. They also said on the footage that if you are from the Diamondhead area and you are not currently in town, do not return at this time. We are hoping to head back by next Monday at the latest, but plan to leave our children here in Texas with family and friends to go to school as their schools back home were destroyed or will not be ready to hold classes again for months.

Continue to keep those less fortunate then my friends and my family in your thoughts and prayers.

Prayers are with all...and I pray the looters get theirs. What goes around....