Everything Old is New Again

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, my trusty 2002 Sport Trac (121K) was having old age problems - serious flare in the transmission, other aches and pains, various dents and scratches, leather seats wearing through at the seams, etc. It also started beeping at me when I went through some turns (?). The Ford dealer where I bought my original track had a 2010 Silver Adrenalin on the lot so I went to take a look. Absolutely beautiful and, as much as I loved my old Trac, night and day different. The 2007+ upgrade in terms of fit and finish, handling, braking and safety is amazing. All the things I had done to my old Trac to improve handling (after-market sway bar and shocks) and sound (new speakers) appear not at all necessary on this vehicle.

I really had no intention to buy (which is always a good starting position) and with my wife playing bad cop "you told me you were going to look at the Honda Ridgeline, it is rated much higher by Consumer Reports" (actually both true) I think I got a pretty good deal.

So, I am a proud owner of a very new Sport Trac with only a couple of problems: one, everyone around me has started to drive in a crazy manner, and two, I used to carry everything in the bed of my old Trac (most recently, loads of dirt) and I just don't see that happening right now with the new truck. Actually, I was even a little uncomfortable letting my dog ride in the back (of the cab) last night.

Ill take some pictures if you like.

Regards, Stan

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see a lot of 2010 STA owners on here already. The one I have on order will be my 4th ST, only this time an STA.

Has anyone put mud guards (flaps) on theirs? I have had the molded guards on my last 3, but need to know what they look like on the STA. Pictures anyone?

Rod

Stan, PLEASE POST SOME PICS!!! I wanted an STA in White Suede, but Ford cut that color for 2010, so either I try and buy an 09 STA in WS, from California, or muddle and bemoan the FMC for not keeping the WS in 2010, I wanted to see what the BS looked like. SO please post some pics as soon as you can!!!!:banana::cool:

I went from an '05, on which I had installed righteous shocks, to an '08. Loved my '05 but the '08 takes it to another level.