Exhaust Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64117

Reaction score
Ok. with all the exhaust clips i have been hearing, I am looking into getting some work done. My question is dual or not? what are the benefits? what are the cons, if any? Cost differences?

thanks in advance,

DanG

I have a single in/out system with a dual resonated tip on it. (total of $125 installed) There is an exhaust clip in my library. You can't get a true dual system. The difference in a dual out is louder than a single out. (also price) The HP gain is minimal. You gain some high end torque (passing) but lose some low end. (take off power from stop) But minimal. It really just makes the ST sound awesome. Mine is a Flowtech Raptor ($20), Flowtech Dual outlet resonated tip ($35) and straight out the back piping ($75 installing everything). Good luck and hope you enjoy what you go with.;)

To do a True Dual setup on the st is almost impossible and a ton of work... A single in with Dual tail pipes are feasable... There is absolutely NO performance gain from a single to a dual....

The difference is Looks and sound...

Todd Z

Guess i will be doing the single in dual out. I dont want to sound like a kitty purring anymore. With a hood scoop, people expect a mean sound. then they pull up and here nothing but purring. I wanna make it roar.

thanks for all the input boyz

Latest posts