Exhaust size Question?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 62851

Reaction score
Hello all, I'll try to make this as good as I can. Ok, with the RT y-pipe on its way here, what size inlet/outlet pipe to an after market cat would one suggest? Also what size inlet/outlet pipe to an after market muffler? I'm thinking magnaflow cat and muffler with custom bend tubes of stainless pipe, but wanted to get the correct size pipe. This is for an 04 Adrenalin 4x4. Just curious about what is the max size pipe to run. Like on my ranger, I'm running 2 1/4 inch pipe. Thanks

RT also makes a bolt on cat.......

2.5 inch is the largest I would go.... I have 3 inch from the cat to the muffler and 2.5 inch tails, I did feel a drop on bottom end when it was installed....

I would get 2.25 inch tails and stay 2.5 inch from the converter to the muffler....

The RT cat has a 2.25 pipe on it any way....

Todd Z

:blink:I just got a new 2.5" stainless pipe with magna flow muffler on my 2002 ST. The guy that owns the muffler shop here in town is real good and I have never heard of him steering any one wrong, he suggested nothing over 2.5" Of course I only got it from the cat back so that would probably change some things. I am happy with it but I haven't seen as much increase as I would have liked, then again I haven't been able to really get out and about yet, just some here and there.