Exhaust Tips ?'s

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh OH

Reaction score
Hey ya'll.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with some suggestions for exhaust tips for the ST... I have a 2005, and just bought new chrome custom wheels, with larger tires to give mine the more "Offroad" look, but wanted to change the factory exhaust tip... Any help? (Also, how do I find out the size I need? I think the diameter of the factory tip is 2 1/4" right?)

Thanx,

~Josh

Josh,

My tips look the same as Heather's but we have custom dual exhaust. Are you just looking for a tip to put on the stock exhaust? If you are the easiest and cheapest is to get a screw on but for a better look you should get a longer one and have it welded on. Personally I don't like the look of the screw on because you can usually still see the original pipe.

George

All,

Thanks for help and advice. I definately agree now to go with the weld-on styled exhaust tips. The universal styled ones seem to just look "Cheep" to me and my wife.

Thanks again,

~Josh

(PS: George, my wife said your ST exhaust system looks great!)

Hey josh,

WELCOME to the site !!!!....

I also agree with the welded on exhaust tips.. I have the dual setup on my truck also, But the welded tip is the way to go...

Get us some pics of the truck when your done!!!!

Todd Z

Thanks for the welcome and will do when I get the wheels installed.. We were looking more on the site a little more and noticed other ppl talking in a different forum about the Areo Exhaust system that replaces the stock muffler.. Any advice on that? It supposedly increases HP, Torque, and MPG... I know I could get a good exhaust tip to go with that too..

http://www.aero-turbine.com/index.html

~Josh

Any system over the stock one will give you an increase... IT boils down to looks, price and what you want for sound.

Todd Z

Thanks Josh, tell your wife I appreciate the compliment :)

I have never heard of that aero exhaust before but just checked out the site. It does look interesting but like Todd said any exhaust will be an improvement over stock. It really depends on the sound you want. A lot of us go with Flowmaster because it has a unique sound. I have the Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 Series and while it has a nice sound outside it is also pretty loud inside. There is a 50 series that I think Todd has and it is a lot quieter inside. If you do a search for exhaust on this site you will see a lot of different setups and posts to give you a start. If you have any questions just post and someone will be able to help you.

George

I have a Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 and it is very quiet in-cabin. Rumbles only a little when on the throttle. I don't hear it much from the outside (obviously since I'm driving) but it has a nice rumble at idle. I bet it sounds stock to the untrained ear.