Explorer brakes?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott C

Reaction score
Question for ya'll, I was a member here a long time ago and knowing that there are so many knowledgeable Ford folks here I'm hoping I can get some help.

I'm going to swap in an 8.8 explorer axle under my Jeep, does the 95 Eddie Bauer model have disc or drum rear brakes in the rear?

Thank you guys and gals I appreciate the help.

BTW I really like the new ST's. :D

Thanks Tom that's what I was afraid of. Well not really afraid but I was holding out a little hope that they were on the 95's.

Scott

Thanks Tom that's what I was afraid of. Well not really afraid but I was holding out a little hope that they were on the 95's.

Scott

i dont know what it's like for you, I think you are on the east coast if I remember correctly but here on the West I can get a disc brake rear end for around 400-450 and a drum set up is about 300. I have one lined up for 150 :D so I'll just run the drums and be happy, or at least try to be happy.

I'll stop refreshing :D

I hear ya but the price is so hard not to pass on. I'm putting in the 8.8 and buying new 4.88 gears for both front and rear axle, locker for the front and rear, alloy shafts for the front and building an antiwrap bar for the rear, after all that another 3 bills gets heavy. :D

I can however always upgrade later on down the road.

Tom good news :D just thought I'd share that axle must have been from a 96 or newer 'cause it had disc brakes on it.:D So, for 150 I got me a disc brake axle when around here you can't get one for less than 500.

I had to pull it by myself so that wasn't fun but it was worth the savings.

Scott

Latest posts