Extended Ford warrenty- blows! Help!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Update on fubar transfer case. Stealership had ST for 1 month! They paid for a rental through Hertz. Bottom line:They made me return rental today and gave me back ST. They are unable t o fix it after stuffing it full of various parts several times w/ no sucess. I balked! They say they won't be able to do anything further until the district factory rep is in the area to inspect it in maybe 2 weeks! I said that is unacceptable! They said too bad-thats Ford policy! Meanwhile- we are in the middle of a big CNY snow storm and the ST does not handle unplowed roads :angry:well w/o 4 wheel traction. Anyone have a Ford Factory Email I can complain to? I am pissed!:angry:

Wow,

That sucks....

I cant believe they can not fit it, this is a simple system to work on..

Todd Z

That's tough to take. I also have a '05 in the Shop under warrantee (with a used car dealer though) getting a TC replacement. How many miles on your ST and what were the symptoms?

Symtoms were banging and shaking when put into 4 wheel mode. It bangs really violently now-3X worse, since they attempted to fix it !Only 56 K miles from new. I never beat it and no one else drives it..

Sounds like the t-case just should have been replaced as 1 unit, not repaired...

Sounds like the dealer messed it up worse..

Todd Z

Mine started out making a rumbling noise when I put it in 4 Hi (almost like another motor was running only a little loader). It would not go away or come out of 4WD until I stopped a put it in reverse. Dealer tried to tell me it was normal. I took a ride with one of their Techs and it mad a huge bang - you could feel the gears jump apart from one another. At that point they agreed I had a problem. They drained the TF Fluid to see if that would fix it. They told me it got worse. They ordered a replacement case and I should have my truck back early next week.

The transfer case itself is a easy job as far as replacement goes. I am shocked they opened it to repair it,,, Often, that cost more due to the independent part cost and the LABOR..

Hmmm,

Sorry. Helps to type a message before hitting return/enter.

Phone numbers and other "Ford people" to talk/complain to won't help much at this point. Believe me, I know ('07 V8 replacement). The dealer is more or less right when he says gots ta wait for the Factory Rep. That's what I had to go thru - and go thru again. In the end, the "Rep" was the guy with enough stroke to say "replace it." And then it was done. Good luck.

Wow

I guess I am lucky my dealer does not jerk me around like that. I had a similar issue last year with my tranny, and they told they may have to wait for a Ford rep to come in. I asked the dealer for the Ford Rep's phone number, and when I called and explained the issue to the Ford rep, they told me my ST would be repaired with out any inspections and thanked me for calling. About 10 minutes my dealer called and said "I dont know what you did, but we are going to have it repaired in a couple days". I was going to miss my trip Moab if the tranny was not repaired in time.

Sounds like a case of a bad dealer, to me.

Chad

Thanks you everyone for your input.

I'm going to get the rep's number, if they will give it to me, and do what you did Chad! I'll post my results.

Also-Flyer-How long did it take for you to get a new motor install? Did they provide a free loaner?

Jim,

take a look at this link, maybe this can help.

If you have done steps one and two.... then go the third step.

Should not have to have a vehicle in for that long. Parts alone can be ordered and received most of the time in 1 - two business days..unless there is a part shortage...

rediculous. Bad customer service at the dealership level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts