F-150 V8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl T

Reaction score
I currently own a 2001 4wd ST and have been thinking about going for a new 05 F150 4wd Lariat. I do mostly highway miles with a little city driving... my ST is running about 16-17 MPG combined. Can anyone tell me what to expect with the F150 V8?? Some say it's pretty close to the ST but it seems hard to believe.

Thanks so much.

Karl

I have an 05 XLT Supercrew 2WD with the 5.4 liter V8. I am currently getting 16-17 mpg mixed driving and about 20 open highway. That was comparable to what I was getting with my 03 ST. I think you can expect to get what Heather is getting with a 4WD.

PS: I drive like an old man. If you lean on that V8 (and who does not like to do that every now and then :D), then your mileage will obviously go down.

I bought a 05 FX4 Supercrew 4WD with the 5.4 liter V8 in July... 70% city, 30% highway driving and I am getting between 14.5 - 15.5 mpg. I only drive about 5 miles to work... so 1 tank will last about a month. Which is sweet, since it costs nearly $80 to fill an empty tank.

I love the truck though. I went from an 03 ST to this one and I cant say a negative thing.

What Ethan said echoes the majority of my customers on feedback.... You can always switch to an K&N filter and try a "cat-back" exhaust after the fact to betterthe fuel economy... We have several guys here with the filter only and got at least 3MPG better...Thats after running the truck standard filter than switching out.... Check your state to make sure your warranty isn't affected... California it won't be...

Hope this helps...

jef:cool: