F.E. Warren AFB, WY - Been There??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Ellsworth

Reaction score
Hey.. just a quick question for the military folks...

I will be heading out to F.E. Warren AFB, WY this June for some Air Force training... has anyone been out there? Anything cool to do around/off base? ... What about in the grand state of Wyoming... The farthest I've been from CT is to South Dakota... so needless to say not sure what to expect out there... going to be there for only 20 days... but figure I'd take in the sights...

Thanks!

JE

Go up to Yosemite/Grand Tetons on the weekend. It is awesome up there. There's also Devil's Tower (remember Close Encounters of the Third Kind?). College town atmosphere can be found in Laramie at the University of Wyoming. If you are there in July, check out Cheyenne Frontier Days. Denver is also only 90 minutes away to the south. Just don't mention "Brokeback Mountain" to any of the cowboys there. :)

[Broken External Image]:

Yes, I meant Yellowstone, home of Old Faithful and about 500 Grizzly Bears, more Bison and even more Elk. The Grand Tetons Park is the most beautiful place I've seen on Earth. :D

Yep, I grew up there in wyoming, my brother is there in cheyenne. I see a lot of the air force soldiers over at Cabelas in sidney, Ne!! Also south of cheyenne go to denver! For a good lake, head North on I-25 to Lake glendo, can drive your vehicle around real good and see some country side!

:cool:

..go to Jackson...its touristee, but worth it. Drive thru to Old Faithful at least...and yes, do see the Tetons. Snowed on us there one Summer..late in June. Gorgeous country! Oh yes, do the Snake R. rafting thing........

Latest posts