Fabricated Parts, Tow Hitch, Brush Guard, Tow Hooks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnie gibbs

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone here could help me out with reattaching my tow hooks... I just put a 3" PA body lift on my sport trac and I was wondering how to get them back on...plus i need to put a class 3 hitch and i too was wandering if i need to have a part fabricated or is it just a cut...also if i have tow hooks can i have a brush guard too or do the mount in the same place? if fabrication is needed ..... can someone let me know if they know somebody who can do this for me and I pay them.....Thanxs for everything fellas...!!!!!!!

Donnie

I just purchased a Dealsofsteel.com Grill Guard. The instructions were to remove the Tow Hooks, put the Guard attachment brackets in place of the Tow Hooks, and then reinstall the Tow Hooks using the Tow Hook bolts. Short answer, Yes you can still have the Tow Hooks with their Grill Guard.

The link is to the eBay offer from dealsofsteel.com for $50.00 less than from the dealsofsteel site with free shipping.

Hey Donnie, I was just wondering if you installed the body lift yourself, and if so was the job over the top? I was thinking of installing one. As for the tow hooks they won't align correctly after the body lift, as the frame that they attach to didn't move. The brush guard will need custom brackets made to compensate for this 3 in difference.

you don't have to cut your bumper, you can get an accomplished metal fab shop/welder to make you new brackets. If my bro in law ever gets off his lazy ass and makes me mine then I am planning on getting a safari bar..... (gotta love how Im ragging on him and he's offering to do it for free.... well for beer anyways)... hahahaa

:cool:Thanks everyone! ...& Sean....i'll tell you this it took me four days...but i drove to my hometown and my father and i did it.....but we played golf everyday too so that lengthened up the installation time....I guarantee you can get it done w/ 2 people in 2-2.5 days of working all day....3 people and at least one whos done it before 1.5-2 days.... it's not all that hard...it's just very time consuming...it was my first big vehicle job and i just wanted to learn about my ford inside and out..."accomplished"...and it was worth saving 500-700 bucks...I recommend it if you have time, patience, and all the right tools...some say you need a torch but i didn't use one...definately get a crap load of 6-7" extensions for your wrench (at least 4) and a 3" extension, a 2-3 foot tourque wrench, sawzaw, t-55 torx socket head, w-d40, and lots of other normal tools, man but it looks GREAT w/ my MT Baja MTZ's 305/70/r16 w/ mt classic II rims. ill post pics soon. It's worth it when your done and makes you appreciate your work and ride a whole lot more. Good luck to you and i wish i could be there to help you