factory body mounts and 3" BL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kerr

Reaction score
When I buy and perform my BL on my track will I be replacing the factory body mounts with the parts in the BL kit? I noticed that my factory mounts are in bad shape so if the kit doesnt replace them I will need to buy them when I do my BL.

Thanks

Yeah, you stil retain your factory mounts and place the lift mounts on top of the factory ones. I just finished my body lift and it's not a one man job by any means unless you have air tools. I was old school wrenchin with hand tools, not much fun but I don't have air tools (yet) after this project that's the next investment I'll be making.:banana::cool:

Thanks for the info. I will get the factory mounts before I do that lift. I will be old school wrenching myself but its going to be two of us working on it. I still expect it will take us most of the day.

If your'e replacing the body mounts you should do the body lift at the same time to save you alot of time and hassle. Don't forget to used red heavy duty loctite and torque the body bolts to 55psi and retorque them after 500 miles.:banana: :cool: If you want when you do the body lift, if you need any help or advice, my # is (412) 606-5029. When you do the body lift there are differences in the installation kit book if you have a '03-'05

Latest posts