factory sub new HU

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I am looking for the wiring hook up for a factory sub and a new head unit. I just bought a new sony deck and it comes with a set of pre outs red and white I am looking to see if anyone knows how to hook it to the factory amp and sub.... I ordered the wiring kit for it but it is on back order for a week or so and I want to hook it up this weekend... If anyone has the colour codes or a drawing for the hook up it would be great. I bought a set of RCA cables and I know that i have to cut and hook them to the factory wiring and need a voltage regulator to convert from 12v the 5 volts for the sub power on wire.... Looking for some help....

Thanks Baker

I think AutoZone and Pep Boys sells a wiring harness that you can set up. All you do is take your stereo harness out of the box and connect all the wires to the adapter harness from AutoZone. After that, you just plug them in. The diagrams come with the adapter making it really easy. The reason I bring this one up is that it works great if you are working with a factory setup. I have always used my pre-outs for bigger amps and crossover setups. Sorry I don't have the drawing or wiring setup. Good luck. Hope it helps.

Latest posts