Factory wiring harness questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Montez

Reaction score
:huh:I have a 2001 sport trac with the pioneer HU and Subwoofer, I took out the subwoofer and I have the plug hanging out of my back wall. Question is what color wire is what in the factory harness that connects to the subwoofer. I have 5 wires in the harness that plugs into the AMP. I need to know what wires are the wires that have the stereo signal so I can hook up my line converter... Is there a left and right or what?

Kirk

I don't see the connections for the wire colors going to the amp... Am I missing something...? I see the left and right front and rear but no colors for the subwoofer.

Kirk

The 2nd page has speaker colors. and the Amp Color.

Not sure what color you have in the connector.

the file is from Audiovox.

I have the Wireing manual at home will lok and post a scan of it later tonight..

If I dont email me and remind me. If you dont get anything else.

and I did say this MIGHT help..

I have the factory wiring diagram for a 2004. Here is the information that it contains from radio to Amp

Pin #1 is Dark Green Violet is mute

pin #2 is Black with Light green strip is ground

Pin #8 is Red with black Strip is minus

Pin #7 is Brown orange is Plus

Pin #6 is Violet with Light blue is Power

I hope this helps you

Keep in mind that if you are installing any other sub but the factory one you will need to run a power wire as the OEM wire is pretty small and will not handle the load of a "normal" sub...

Latest posts