Failed state inspection... ( info for those with OBDII inspections and Flashers)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Wounder why.....HAHAHAA :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously,, NY changed its way of doing things,, No more dyno, now 96 and up OBD II cars get hooked up to a state on line computer and the running data, CEL codes and stuff is transmitted to the state computers.... No sniffer in the tail pipe....

Well, After re flashing the truck back to stock, she passed with flying colors, SO you don't get an emissions FAIL on your DMV record, Those with flashers remember to flash to stock before you get an inspection of this type...

Todd Z

They've been doing the code scan for a couple years now in Wisconsin.

It's an automatic FAIL if the computer doesn't check right or the CEL is lit.

You could always move to Oklahoma... we did away with vehicle inspections over 4 years ago! If it's got wheels and can move, you can tag it and drive it here! :)

That's the reason I haven't bothered to get my Apten chip reprogrammed for my '04 Trac. I really don't want to mess around with removing it every March for inspection.

Update to the Wisconsin rule...

Mine would not talk to the sniffer computer today. So, they just ran it for the test.

It PASSED so I'm happy.

Latest posts