Feature request for 2007 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill V

Reaction score
OK, I have a new, and slightly unusual, design request for the 2007 model--for any of you Ford employees that are reading this that are able to actually influence that...

You know how the floors of our STs are that plastic/rubber, that allows them to be cleaned up so easily? It's a great feature, that I'm amazed more vehicles haven't copied. What I need now is for the back seat to be made of that same material.

If I would have just had that feature on my current ST, then it would have been so much easier cleaning the back seat of the truck this morning after my 3-year-old daughter got carsick and vomited what looked like about a week's worth of stomach contents all over it.

Worst part--the outdoor temperature was about -20F this morning, with wind chills around -40F. Just the type of weather I want to be outside in, sticking my hand in a bucket of water/soap/vomit repeatedly as I try to clean it up...

Where's the vomiting emoticon when you need it...

So many vehicles already have "child-proof" door locks. Now, how about some child-proof seat materials?

Last edited by a moderator:
EWWWWWWWWWWW !!!:wacko:

I feel for ya Bill. I have cleaned my share of vomit out of the back of my ST. My daughter would get car sick EVERY time I took her somewhere that took longer than 15 min. Luck would have it and my wife ended riding back there and she said it felt like the truck never stopped going up and down. New shocks and it hasn't happened since.;)

Bill V,

Why not buy leather seats or some cheap seat covers with plastic between the cover and the seat.

She barfs, remove the seat cover and either throw it in the trash or the washer.

Tom

My brother kept plastic drop cloth, under the car seat...when accidents happen, he just throws it out and cuts another piece..you can get cheap drop cloth at most dollar stores..

Be GLAD it was cold outside....when our kids were that age it seemed to happen when on a long trip, then after an hour of parking the "mostly cleaned" car in the parking lot at an amusement park or something and having the vomit bake at about 120 deg made for a nice return to the vehicle.

Caymen--Good thought regarding the seat covers, but this has never been an issue in the past. Up until this occurance, she's been a great traveler.

I agree SST. Them killing the SVT means I am keeping my 04 for a long while. Also, SST when you have time, drop me an email.

Ape Out.

I was a passenger (shotgun) when a dog in the backseat puked... then one of the passengers puked on the other, who then puked, and the driver got pissed because it was her fathers car so she pulled over to start screaming, looked in the back, then puked, so I called a cab.

Latest posts