Feedback Wanted!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Bryant

Reaction score
Hi to all who have added aftermarket exhaust and/or have lowered their 4WD Sport Trac: I would appreciate feedback from any one who has added Borla, Bassani (sp?), Flowmaster, etc. exhaust, dual (my local shop says the gas tank location is a problem for duals?) or otherwise telling about ease of installation or problems encountered, satisfaction with sound, and anything else you can tell me. Also, if anyone has satisfactorily lowered a 4WD ST, please let me know if a "kit" exists or how else to go about it...my ST is a 2005 model. Thanks in advance, Thomas in WV !!

Duals are for sound and looks only.. There is no gain with duals... if you go too big, you can loose some bottom end torque...

All of the bolt on kits give a nice low rumble and top end volume...

The dual is 100% doable.. I even have 2.5inch tail pipes on mine....

It depends what kind of sound and volume you want...

Nice low rumble, and not too loud, Go with the bolt on single exhaust kits...

IF you want that loud flowmaster sound, then get that...

IF you want it even louder the Random tech y-pipe is a great addition...

Here is an exhaust clip of my truck, The quality is not that good, the camera sucks...

I have the y pipe and flowmaster 50....

Mine is louder than most flowmaster 40's because of the other work i have done..

http://www.zjstech.net/~library/10452/Flowmaster%20Dual%20Exhaust/Highflowcat%20014.wmv

Todd Z

I have a Borla listed on the Swap and Sell board. I am parting out the ST so I can sell it and get an '07. The Borla had a mellow sound that got better over time. It has about 50k on it now. Still looks great. It is made of Stainless Steel. If your ST is lowered already with the factory exhaust, then the Borla will fit. The factory exhaust will come off in one piece, and the Borla is in three pieces. It exits straight out the back on the pass. side with dual chrome tips. The hardest part of the install/removal was getting the factory rubber hangers to let go of the exhaust.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: