felt the slip again - epc adjustment: Did you have it done at a ford dealership?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Sayre

Reaction score
I've got an '04 st, and just felt the tranny slip again somewhere around the 2-3 mark I think. It's that vague feeling where you just don't seem to be responding to the engine. Can you request that the ford dealership bump up the epc a 1/4 turn, or will they look at you like you're the devil incarnate and instantly void both your warrenty and the warrentees of the next five people in line, just for having the gaul to ask? Just curious.

--Bob

They probably won't do it. You are actually raising the pressure (not much) inside the tranny. There is a write up in the project section (by me, your welcome) and it's not real hard to do, but you do have to drop the pan.;)

I can guaranty they will not do it...

Try disconnecting the battery first, IT may go away..

Todd Z

If you are still under warranty, take it back to Ford and have them fix it. The 2-3 shift surge is caused by sticking solenoid operated valves in the transmission valvebody. Adjusting the epc increases the operating pressure of the transmission which can help reduce the sticking, but it's now a 100% cure.

I think you description of the problem is to vague to positively say that you are actually experienceing the 2-3 shift flare. Perhaps that' why adjusting the epc did not seem to make a difference...?

...Rich

I had a 2004 trany sliped once in awhile but never got it to do it.when

dealer looked @ it.Traded it off last mo.for the new 2007 it does great.