Fiberglass Bed Cover 2001

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 02 ST. I picked up a fiberglass cover for it from a friend that didn't have the mounting hardware other than the lifting arms. We sat it on the ST and it fits. He doesn't know the manufacturer so I don't know where I can get the hardware from. Can someone help me ID the cover?? It has hinged arms with gas shocks that has five screws into the cover and it looks like the other end lines up with the threaded hole on the side wall of the bed.. On the arms is reads Al Hansen. The lock is centered and underneath there is two cables running left and right to where the striker plates should be. There are hinges on the back side close to the cab.

On the outside edge up near the cab there is two tags. One reads "2001 Sport Trac" and the other reads "200". The tags are both under the paint.

If I can find the manufacturer and order parts then I'll have to prefab the parts. Thanks for any help.

I just googled "Al Hansen tonneau" and came up with an article from the ARE tonneau website. Basically, it says that A.L. Hansen provided component parts to the company in order to produce their covers. Therefore, it makes sense that the gas shocks have that name stamp. How thick is the cover? ARE usually makes a higher profile tonneau compared to most of the others. The way that you described it is how most covers are set up with hinges near the cab, striker plates toward rear of the bed, gas shocks that attach to the striker plates, and cables that run across the bed to lock the tonneau, so it's difficult to give you an answer just based on the description.

I just googled "Al Hansen tonneau" and came up with an article from the ARE tonneau website. Basically, it says that A.L. Hansen provided component parts to the company in order to produce their covers. Therefore, it makes sense that the gas shocks have that name stamp. How thick is the cover? ARE usually makes a higher profile tonneau compared to most of the others. The way that you described it is how most covers are set up with hinges near the cab, striker plates toward rear of the bed, gas shocks that attach to the striker plates, and cables that run across the bed to lock the tonneau, so it's difficult to give you an answer just based on the description.