Finally!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M B

Reaction score
My hubby and I finally got to test drive an 07. The dealer only had the V6. The dealer was also a pain the a**, but I got to drive it! I'll keep my 02 for now.

No V8 in the lot to try. :( Trust me, that's what we wanted to test drive. Pain in the butt. Well the sales guy moves the Explorers to pull out the ST which had a dead battery. So finally we take off for a drive. Meanwhile, he's doing his 90 question survey to feel my husband and I out to see about financing. Mind you, we up front told him we wanted to test the V8 and not the V6. So there was no way we were going to talk numbers on this vehicle. Then my husband wanted to test drive a Mustang. Didn't have to be a newer one. He's never driven one and thought this was his chance to change my mind and want one. The sales guy then, paused and came up with this story that now we have to be interested/pre-approved to test drive the Mustang. Umm....$31,000 ST test drive and now pre-approved on a $17,000 Mustang. I walked away in disgust. My husband thanked him for his time and walked over to his desk with him to hear the sales pitch about why he wants us pre-approved to test drive the Mustang. I can understand photo copying a license and coming with us on the ride. Plus, filling out some information so he can call us day in and day out to come in again. But to dip into our credit just for a test drive. Not happening!

I think dealers are as much, if not more, of Ford's problems than quality, products, or any of the traditional problem areas.

Amen. Car salespeople SUCK.

I always know more about the vehicle I am looking at than the salesperson.

I tell them what I will do, and then they want to tell me 100 different ways how I am wrong.

I would trade more often if i didn't have to deal with ignorant salespeople who lie and jack a potential customer around.

What really gets me is there isn't any Ford dealers in my area left that I would trust my cream puff to be fixed at or buy a new Ford from. They either hide in their "employee room" like one other dealer did to us, or treat us like crap cause we're not buying. (Just kicking the tires.) :angry::angry: