First Long Trip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doctor CAD

Reaction score
Went back home to Pittsburgh last week.

1237 total miles, 573 up, 91 in the city and 573 back

Used a total of 62.5 gallons at an average of $2.30 per gallon.

Thats a 19.8 average MPG at +5 mph over the speed limit most of the time.

Went to the Steeler game while I was there, WOOHOO...

You lucky B@$T@*D doc. I've been to one Steeler game. It was a monday night game against KC in KC. Not a good place for rooting on the opposing team, espacially when the STEELERS lose. That was back when the black guy was Q-back. #10, wen't to U of Colorado, can't remember his name tho.

Thats about what I averaged on my first trip (STA-V6). I hoping to increase that w/ filter, exhaust, synthetic oil, and nitrogen in tires.

Wouldnt dare do that. Whether it adds it or not. Id prefer to have spent extra $ on a v8 than to try the decal route, lol. Although I do have Saleen overlays I hope to put on this weekend. Wont make it faster, but should help the appearance.

Bah! The current gen STA needs no help in the appearance dept!

I often wonder if I could do it all over again...would I get the V6 and supercharge it instead.....

Lighter, more powerful....different....hmmm

Interesting take psycareyo. You have the V8 and maybe prefer the V6, and I have the V6 and regret not getting the V8. Well both ours are red. Wanna swap?

On a serious note, how quick is yours? Compared to the V6 (if youve driven it)?