Flashing O/D!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat Deegan

Reaction score
Hi all,

About a week ago, i put a set of new rims and tires (285/75/16) on ST. I was driving my truck on this past Friday and all of the sudden my o/d light flashed. But when i got home and restarted the truck, it went away and the truck drive normal like nothing ever happened.:blink: anyone experienced this before??? should i get it check?? since it carries heavier tires, would this caused the light to flash. Thanks in advance

Mat

just search for "flashing od" and you'll find almost everyone has had it at some point. Some end with $4000 transmission rebuilds/replacments and some of us (like me) that had it and never had a problem (that was 20,000mi ago) so its hit or miss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Service tech explained to me that even though the O/D light goes off when engine is shut off, it is still recorded in the computer. Take it to the dealer ASAP.

I had the same issue not long ago. A few places wanted to rebuild for $2,000. I took it to a tranny guy back home who had seen this problem before. He put a valve body kit on it for $400 and I had it back in 2 days. Still going strong. Not sure what all is involved in a valve body kit. Good luck.

Valve body was the same reason that my O/D light started flashing. Get it checked out...well worth it. And your warranty should cover it.