Flow 40 vs. Super 44...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Ritter

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the sufferance in my flowmaster 40 series and the flowmaster super 44? What sound differance is there and anyone have a sound clip of one on a trac?

They're both two-chamber mufflers. I have the Delta Flow 40 on my Trac. Nice, deep tone to it. Many folks have assumed I have a V8 under the hood just from the sound.

There are video clips on FM's web site. The Super 44 seems a little louder and deeper than the 40 to me.

You should look into Thrush welded mufflers. Basically a flowmaster at half the price. I have a clip of mines but don't know how to put it in my library at the moment. I believe member stonemiser has a clip if you'd like to hear it...

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were in the market for a muffler. You might still find this info useful though

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the Super 44 was made to be the absolute loudest. I might be wrong. I had the 40 series... honestly i woulda just told em to put a straight pipe on back there instead. it was loud and even though it had it as close to the rear axle as possible i still had interior resonance that was just to much. Had to shift to a delta.

I got Flow40 installed to replace the DeltaFlow50 which I thought was too mellow. The Flow40, IMO, is perfect. It sounds great outside, and inside it's not at all unbearable.

Anyway, I remember reading in Flowmaster's website that the Super series is the loudest.