Flowmaster model

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott H

Reaction score
I plan on putting a Flowmaster 40 series on my trac, but I don't know which model to get that would fit the trac. I know there are 3 different ways for the inlet/outlet to be laid out but I also have no idea what the size of the inlet/outlet should be. HELP!!!

in my opinion the piping should not be bigger then 2.5 inches. other people may think differently and im not saying they are wrong. i almost went for the flowmaster delta flow 50 series single in and duals out. i didnt go with them b.c. the shop that was going to do it said $500, so i said forget it. depending on where you go, who you know it could get expensove for the duals. under the S/T is tight space so its alot of bending and time. i put the dynomax exhaust on my 01' st and love it. its single with 2.5" piping throughout. i got a good good power increase, so far what i consider better mpg and some good sound. i have seen lots of S/T's with the dual flows ad some of them come out kinked. so if you want the duals it 1-could be expesive 2-need to trust the place doing it to make it straight 3-in my opinion dotn go bigger then 2.5 inches. you need the back pressure to keep your power. also if i can add, i'd go for the 50 series, i heard a S/T with the 50 series today and it was mean. good luck!

About a year ago, I got the Flowmaster series 50 SUV single in, dual out. A local shop in SE texas put them on for $270. Great job, no problems, love it..........doug