Flowmaster Roll Call -- Post here if you have a Flowmaster:

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Mitchell

Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 right now, everything is stock but I did have the resonator removed. It is not "too" loud from the outside at all but definately noticible. I would say it is a good rumble, not ricey. It does "drone" a bit too much in the cabin at ~2300 RPM, but I would probably miss it if I took it off. I doubt having the resonator back on would fix the drone. Overall I am happy with it.

Who else has flowmaster....and what do you think of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 40 on mine as well. Single in dual out. Very happy with it so far. It has just enough volume for me to enjoy when I'm pushing it hard, but not overwhelming when I'm just cruising.[Broken External Image]:

Chet

70 Series Big Block single in / duel out. I got small (1"+) pipes out because I want to split the difference of the 2"+ OEM tail pipe which keeps the cylinders from getting burnt by pulling the exhaust out too quickly. I got the 70 Series because I want the quietest one they make, and it is also the quietest one on the market that I could find. I am considering stainless steel exhaust tips w/ a little bigger dia. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Suv 50 3 inch in and dual 2.5 out.. Verry happy with it..

Todd Z

I have Flowmaster 40 series, single in/dual out 3" tips. I love the sound that it has. I can hear it better now since I got new tires put on.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

original 40 series not the delta flow. clamped in and cut the resonator out. nice sound but im going with 2 1/2" eventually just did this to get some of the bad gas out of the truck:wacko:

Used to have DeltaFlow 50 which was mellow all around. Interior noise level seemed stock but outside it was a nice mellow growl...too mellow it turns out so I upgraded to standard 40. There is some in-cabin drone at certain rpms/WOT but if it were at all annoying I'd have gotten rid of it already. I can only imagine how cool it must sound from the outside while on the run. Awesome grumble at idle though. All other exhaust hardware is stock.

hey boodro it was a snap to cut the resonator out just cut it out with a sawzall as close to the resonator as possible because you van reuse the stock hanger location and then just use 2 sleeve collars and and piece of straight pipe 2 1/4" if you left it stock and just clamp it in. i have pics ill send them to you.

paul

Latest posts