Folding rear seats in 04, 05

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
I've asked this before but I want to take a final poll before I take it up with a dealership; if you have an 04 or 05, please let me know if your rear seats actually lock in the down position. My rear 60 folds down but will not lock contrary to others'. Only gravity holds it down and the puffiness of the cushion prevents it from laying flat. I have not tested the rear 40, but I have no interest in having that side ever being folded while I'm driving. Thanks in advance!

I had an 01 and 03, they both were the highest level of trim for the year, both had leather, and both locked but required some force as the cushions were in good shape.

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not lock the 60 seat in the down position. The cable that releases it from the back of the cab will in most cases (at least in my 03) come detached from the release handle and then the seat will not fold down again. At least not until you take some difficult trim off and put the cable back in place. Its about a 1 hour fix and some nimble fingers. Just FYI

Paul.

I have an 05 XLT premium and the seats don't lock down. Never really saw a need for it as they fold down pretty flat. Never noticed any bounce to them either in the down position. Maybe the weight applied to them?

BTW...why u axin?

Just curious...

Nevermind...saw ur reason for axin...Doh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My left rear seat won't fold down at all-- if you try to fold it down it binds up and tries to crush the factory subwoofer underneath.

Seems kind of silly that Ford didn't eliminate/disable the fold-down feature on the Adrenalin.

Have an 04 and both seats lock in down position. Passenger side takes some force and there can't be anything on the floor in front or under seat. Headrest has to in full down position and front seat far enough forward for clearance.

I have an '05 and the seats do lock down. The 40 side is easy, but the 60 takes a good bit of force to get it to lock. Since I am not a very large person the easiest thing for me to do is to stand on it. Then to get it to unlock you have to push down on the seat some to release the tension.

When I first got the truck I didn't realize that they were supposed lock until I read something about it here.

Hahah! I just went out and folded the 40 seat down and it folded flat and locked without much effort! I guess this was the first time I ever tried to lock the 40 side down because otherwise I would've known that the 60 side definitely locked too. And just as someone mentioned above, laying down some weight on the 60 side finally got it to lock down flat too!!! I've expected an audible click but there was none, plus I was afraid to push down too hard not knowing for sure whether it was supposed to lock at all.

Thanks for all the feedback! For those of you 04/05 owners that replied with a "no", try again! If you still can't get that 60 side down, try folding and locking down the 40 side first for "encouragement". And for the owners of earlier models that told me yes, it's not that I didn't want to take your word for it, I just thought maybe Ford "changed" something on the 04 and 05. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: