Ford 500>> Help please

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
Well Rose has pretty much narrowed her choice down to the new "500". It has as much room if not more than her old continental, more room that the new crown vic, pretty equal to the town car. So here we are with a loaded select model; 18 in wheels, satellite, moon roof, electric everything. Everything Rose want's except the nav system. MSRP was 29,960 and it's selling for 26, 610 with all rebates and discounts applied. VIN # is 1FAHP25167G101840. Anyone out there that can give me some insite on "this" vehicle. i.e. invoice price, is it a good deal, where I can find something out on this car? anything to help... THANKS:rolleyes:

TOM C::::: they said the x-plan would cost more than their price....:eek:

LaRue, get me the dealer name. I will get you the X-Plan price. Email me with the info.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
About the only universal complaint I hear about the 500 is the whimpy engine in it. Supposed to be fixed next model with another 50hp or so.

One thing LaRue forgot to mention was that the salesman stated they don't make commission on sales. The price tag posted is the bottom line price with all rebates and discounts, there is absolutely no negotiating on the price. If you are trading in they will only give you "WHOLESALE" price for your vehicle since they are giving you such a good deal on the price.:lol: I find this difficult to believe, does he think we were born yesterday?:wacko:

Rose,

Don't believe what the salesman tells you. The dealership is not in business to sell cars at no profit.

If it's a used car, that's where the salesman and the dealership make the most profit. There is a wider price variance on used cars and they get them as trade-ins cheap.

If it's anew vehicle, the X-plan is the lowest price you will likely get, plus you get all the factory rebates and discount (but not the dealer discounts) The have to show you the X-plan price. You get the car at the cheapest price, the dealership makes a small profit in the form of a hold-back payment from Ford and the salesman gets a small commission another sale to meet his quota for the month where he gan get a large cash bonus.

The problem you may have using the X-plan is that you must tell the dealer immediately that you are using the X-plan. Once you start negotiating a price, you loose your option to use the X-plan for that vehicle. You might want to try another dealer and see what you can get a Ford 500 for on the X-plan. When I bought my 2003 Sport Trac with the X-plan I did not have my pin number yet but told him I would be buy the vehicle using the X-plan, and the vehicle was at another dealer 100 miles away....No problem. The got the X-plan price, They sent someone to pick up the truck and later I got my X-plan pin and arranged with another source for the financing. I picked up the truck about 3 days later.

...Rich

Thanks Rich, it's good to know that. I kinda thought the guy was blowing smoke when he started telling us all that B.S. about no commission la da de da that they can only give wholesale on the vehicle and that there price is lower than the X-plan price. Maybe we can go through another dealer and request that particular vehicle since we have the VIN number and the dealer.

Well it looks like we're going to have to wait a while. They won't give us "crap":angry: for trade value on Rose's Expi. Actually their offers were offensive! Thanks Tom on all your help...:angry:

LaRue,

Keep looking. Don't give up so soon. They need to sell cars. There are dealers that are willing to make you a fair offer.

Tom

Used car lots all over town here have many used Expy's that owners have dumped. With $3+ gas, they have a bunch of large SUV trade ins, so prices on them are very depressed.

Definitely a buyers market on used large SUV's.

Latest posts