Ford aftermarket inline Tranny filter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Found this on the adren, Aparently Ford puts them on any truck that they put a tranny into..

ANY one else have this in their front lower grill ???

I am thinking of adding it to my 03...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it on my 04. Not sure it's something the dealership added after they put a reman. tranny at 28K (they also replaced the aux. cooler you see there in front of the radiator), but then again, I never bothered to look there before.

That would sugest the stock filter system is not adaquate. Maybe that some of the problems with our transmissions...

tz, they put in there after they saw how much i beat the crap out of the trac :D

flip, my tranny went at about the same mileage as yours

My 2002 Trac is at 86,000 miles, I don't have an inline filter and my Tranny is running rock hard. I run the piss out of it and everything is fine.

Tom

This is the warranty filter that is provided with a rebuilt trans from ford (rebuilt by autocraft). When the trans is installed this filter must be installed so that if there is another problem they will ask for the trans and this filter for warranty. No filter being used no warranty. Replaced my 4r553 in the ranger and this was in the case another with flush and a big warning label about not installing.

Spoke to ford, The list is $55.00 bucks.

The filter is part of a kit that as Pb said must be installed when ford replaces a tranny as a secondary filtering system.

I may pick up a couple of these, I should get them for around $40-45 bucks.

Todd Z

Todd,

I talked to my buddy at ford. He says the inline filter is not worth it. They gunk up really easily and leak. They had problems with the trannys seizing up from the fluid starvation.

Jake

Jake, Thats GREAT !!!!!! LOL.....

Gotta love it......

I think I may remove mine...

Todd Z

Makes me love my 01 more and more!!! See there is something to say about NEVER letting Ford touch your vehicle after you get it!!!

Paul H

Well, After more research, that filter is a pain in the neck and it is recommended that it be removed.... Fords SSM says every 30K it must be changed or it can clog.... Gotta love that...

So I can ad "Remove junk filter" to my to do list.... :D:D:D

Todd Z

Latest posts