Ford at my work

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Stanton

Reaction score
Because the company I work for is part of the "Partner Recognition" deal, Ford brought out a couple of truckloads of vehicles this afternoon. They had a small scattering of Fords, Lincolns, Mercuries, Jaguars, Mazdas and Volvos.

They did have an Explorer out there, but I was slightly dismayed not to see the new Sport Trac. I'd have thought that with the '07s recently hitting lots they'd want to show them off a little, but there wasn't even anything about them in the documentation they brought along. What's up with that? Are we the red-headed stepchildren of the Ford family or what? I was kinda hoping to get my first in-person look at the new ST. Not that I would have bought one.... just picked up my '05 last August. Ah well.

Looks that way. They seem to think that since they didn't really advertise for the original series, why do so now. Makes me kind of mad when I tell people I have a Sport Trac and they have to ask who makes it and what's it look like. And when I say it's an Explorer with a bed on it (I know, I know, it's just "Layman terms") they say "Oh, it looks like a Honda Ridgeline." Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!;)

Your reply to the Ridgeline statement should be something like "no, the Sport Trac is a real truck, and looks a lot better, too".:cool:

Explain to me how a '07 Sport Trac is more of a 'truck' than a Ridgeline? ST has IRS in back, just like many cars.

The difference of the ST and the Ridgeline?:wacko: Well the ST isn't/doesn't have front wheel drive. The ST has a frame not unibody. And the ST looks better unlike the weenie looking Ridgline. The ST doesn't have a feminine napkin holder either:lol::p....ok so I made that one up! Opps I guess thats objective. :lol:

For one, pretty much what BK said. My '87 Grand Am was a Uni-body. And for another, mine is a 2003. It doesn't have IRS. Other than the IRS, it is alot more like a truck than the Ridgeline. I'm not trying to sound rude if it's comming off that way Darin. So please don't take it that way. But how could you think that just because it has IRS would make it more like a car?:wacko:

I guess the :wacko: wigs at FoMoCo want to sit back and drool at the sales figures that have made the ST an un-household name, but in reality, someone decided that not advertising it has it's benefits in a market that in serious need of something BOLD! Okay, so they DON"T want to outsell anyone! Does that make sense? No, but BILL:huh: is in charge now, and with those other execs gone, those with zeal and spunk, he has his way over objectivity and probably decided that his products would just sell themselves. Well, good for the ST, the red-headed stepchild just keeps on surviving, without FORD feeding it even a morsel of those millions of advertising dollars! Go figure! He probably has a RIDGELINE himself! :lol:

Latest posts