Ford Emblem Overlays

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is there a good company that makes overlays to go over the factory Ford emblem?

I'm wanting to get a black one with maybe brushed (or chome) Ford lettering for the grille, tailgate, and the steering wheel.

I read that a sponsor on here wasn't allowed to make anymore with Ford? So I'm asking is there another quality overlay that won't just peel off?

Mickey

I think he is in the proccess of get a license fro ford to produce them again..

you might contact him and find out...

Scoot-just wire me 20K and I can start selling them again. That is how much Ford wants for the first year of a three year guarantee royalty fee.

I'd rather spend that 20K on a new shop with drive in bays to sell Paint Protection Film which my avg sale is a lot more than 20.00 in Ford decals.

scootr2200,

That is because he is having problems with the license. Give him time.

What color is your Trac? Nevermind, yours is black.

Tom

SST, that sucks. I guess they are trying to make money any way they can, since they aren't making a profit on their vehicles anymore. How BOLD of them. :angry:

Sorry... I didn't mean to step on anybodys toes! I had read earlier that Ford was getting upset over it all and I said that origionally in my post.

I was asking if anybody else knew of a overlay of your quality that says Ford on it.

Mickey

Scoot - If I knew it would only be a matter of time that Ford goes after them too. They monitor a lot of sites where any of the Ford trademark names are used. I'm actually surprised Rich hasn't had a love letter from them yet for using Sport Trac in the domain name.

Robert,

I suspect that Rich Stern does not get any flak from Ford is because he is not selling any

of Ford licensed material, and is not making any profit from this site and Ford even mentions this site in their sales/marketing literature. I think they should be concerned about Risch Stern sueing them... :lol::lol:

...Rich

RichardL,

I completely agree. I was going to say the same thing, but you beat me to it.

I feel the problem lays with the fact that SST is making money with the Ford logo. While I think $20K is way too much to ask for the license, it is Ford's property and that is the way it is. The same goes for Torrie at the former fordpartsnetwork.com website (now fastpartsnetwork.com). He is making money selling Ford parts using Ford's name.

I feel it is petty, but that is the way it is. If he decides to make them "under the table" I wouldn't say a word, though I doubt he would.

Tom

I actually had my salesman at Sloan Ford in Columbia, TN. ask me what the site was

that I was always referring to when I came in to talk to them. We traded in the Wife's

'Trac for a Mercury Mariner last month, and he remembered me talking about the site

every time I came in! Said that he referred all of his Sport Trac buyers to the Ford Owners

Site, but couldn't specificially remember which site the 'Tracs were "Featured" on

(my words). I told him and he pulled it up on his computer there in the dealership,

and he was impressed!:D

In Torrie's case he WAS a licensed Ford Parts distributor. They nailed him because of the domain name. But funny how Ford is always calling him asking why he no longer purchases product from them. Ford lost millions in business from Torrie as he no longer deals with Ford and only does the SRT performance parts line with Dodge.

Scoot-just wire me 20K and I can start selling them again. That is how much Ford wants for the first year of a three year guarantee royalty fee.

They must want to stop the activity.

A kinder way to license would be to demand a percentage of each item sold. That way they wouldn't kill of the small entrepenour. The $20K licening fee is unfare to the small guy.

Latest posts