ford fusion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Harris

Reaction score
hey everyone,

does anyone know anything about 06-07 ford fusions. Ive found some decent deals online with the cars as low as 11-12k. I'm looking to trade in my 01 trac and take that money and spend a little extra to get a sedan as I am heading off to school in August.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

My mom has an 06 Fusion V6 SEL and she has nothing but great things to say about the car. The only problem we had was a seat belt sensor went out on it a few months ago. Other then that just regular maintenance. The car rides and handles great. The V6 even with 220hp is a fast car. Great for passing and getting in and out of traffic on the freeway. Road noise and harshness levels are almost non-existent within the car. If the vehicle is a manual 4cly, and you do alot of highway driving, it is a high rever and not really suited for highway speeds. Great city car tho with great gas milage. The V6 gets good gas milage aswell and you will not have any worries with the gas station. Music and climate controls are right where they should be and the seats hold you in nicely. Overal a great car and if that miliage is correct, go get it. You won't be disappointed.

Regards,

Patrick Pierobon

C,

I wouldn't get an '06 as that was the first model year. '07 models will have more of the kinks worked out.

If looking at spending 11-12k and sedans, you might want to consider trading for a new Ford Focus. Yeah, I know it isn't as big as the Fusion, but it almost is. I test drove both the '07 Focus and Fusion, and I have to tell you, for the money (I was on a budget, both for car and fuel savings) the Focus made more sense to me.

The 4 door Focus sedan has a large trunk for storage and as I said, it fits 4 comfortably, 5 with a pinch in the back seat. The Fusion isn't that much bigger, 3 will still be scrunched in the back.

Consider it. Financing new vs financing used, and warranty that comes with new may be something to consider as well.

P.S. The Fusion is nice. Friends of ours just got an '08. The bottom line for me that made me pick the Focus was that for 90% of the use of the vehicle it would JUST BE ME in it, hauling next to nothing around, so paying less for the car, and getting more in gas MPG just made sense.

TJR

I can agree with TJR on first model vehicles. However our dealership and friends of the family that bought the 06 fusion have had nothing but trouble free driving with that vehicle. Plus if it still has warranty left on the vehicle, you can always buy a ford factory extended warranty for a good price. Overall you will not go wrong with any year fusion, they are great vehicles with great build quality from day one.

Regards,

Patrick Pierobon

My boss has been leasing a 2006 V-6. He got it for himself, but his wife ended up getting it. He loves it. In fact, he has a new one on order to replace it when the lease is up. he hasn't had any problems with it, either.

We had brand new one for a rental on vacation in Texas. It was a great car. I especially liked the tall seating, and the Sync system. If I was in the market for a sedan, I'd buy a V6 AWD SEL with the Sport Appearance package.

After looking around the internet, there appears to be a growing market for Fusion mods/performance also. Steeda had some mods for Fusions.

We bought a Mercury fusion (Milan), and we love it. It has the 4 cyl 5spd, and we get 28 mpg back and forth to work, at 65 mph... we've hit 30 on highway....

ford gave me a fully loaded demo when they first came out to use for a month. i liked the look, and thought for the price range the leather was of good quality.

my concern was the noisy V-6 and the heavy torque steer at hard accel.

if i was looking in that price range i would go with a camry or accord.

My wife drives an '07, 4cyl, 140 miles round trip every weekday (about 110 of it freeway) and she loves it. She gets right at 30 mpg, never complains about the power, and loves the ride. It has 30,000 miles on it with nothing but oil changes and tire rotations, no problems.

My only complaint, (as the guy who does the maintenance), is the cartridge style oil filter. It's not that bad but compared to a spin-on filter it's a pain.

I drove a fusion rental V6 when the radiator in my 07ST had to be replaced under warranty. Seem like a good car, rode good, handled good, comfy, I'm 6', and i fit in it fine, back seat seemed good size for 4 adults, wife said the passenger seat was comfy, fits in the garage well (same size as her Mazda 6), and got good mileage, sufficent power to merge into traffic, pass etc., I would be interested in one if looking for another car but not at this time. Wife said she would consider it as well. Suggest you look into the certified pre-owned fusion, might find a good deal there with the lower interest rate and extended limited warranty

we have an 06 fusion and LOVE it it has had not one problem we are at 41000 miles and still not one squeak or rattle we have a black sel 4cyl Auto and can't complain about powere at all we average around 31mpg and have gotten as high as 35.4 on a recent trip to Florida crusing at 75 mph.. GET ONE you'll love it!! [Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]: